2021 Buyers Guide
Parata provides solutions reducing costs and improving health outcomes by offering the most comprehensive automation portfolio with adherence packaging, high-speed robotic dispensing, and workflow solutions.
Newest product or service: Parata’s centralized filling solutions use our proven pharmacy automation counted on by leading pharmacies across the US for counting, packaging, filling, and routing.
What Are the Top Challenges Your Technology Will Help Pharmacists With in 2021?
While the future is uncertain, our experts at Parata made some evidence-based predictions about what pharmacy will look like in 2021. Among many changes, the ability to provide specific patient- centered care with low person-to-person contact will drive the most dramatic shift our industry has seen in decades. Our time-saving solutions help pharmacists practice at the top of their license, recognizing them as frontline medical providers. As centralized pharmacy becomes the status quo, automating central fill operations, no matter the scale, Parata’s solutions support the bottom line and return time to pharmacists and techs for activities that support patient loyalty and retention.
What Do Pharmacies Like Most About Your Product/Service?
Parata is more than just automation—Parata is technology, advice, and people you can count on. Our job is to help you find the right solution for your unique needs and stay with you through challenges and growth. We listen to your ideas and feedback as we innovate our technology on your behalf. But we’re not the only experts, and that’s why we bring pharmacy owners together, fostering opportunities to learn from each other. Pharmacies like that we become their partners in success.
How Do Your Systems/Services Improve Patient Safety or Outcomes?
Pharmacies using our adherence packagers have reported increased adherence rates in their patient populations. Our vial filing robots are 100% accurate for drug and dose when proper processes are followed by the pharmacy.
What Makes Your Systems/Services Different From Your Competitors' Offerings?
True scalability is more than just lining up multiple machines. We offer solutions that won’t leave you stuck. Scale as you grow with canisters to support one formulary and compliments designed to increase efficiency and safety no matter how busy you get.
- Independents and Small Chains
- Regional Chains
- National Chains (including supermarkets/mass merchandisers)
- Mail Order
- Hospital Outpatient
- Assisted Living
- Long-term Care (closed door and combo)
Offering Details: Products and Services
Products (i.e., something that is designed and supported in-house)
- Workflow System
- Will-call Bin Management
- Automated Counting
- Robotic Dispensing
- Adherence Packaging
- Drug Visuals (Image of product dispensed as part of quality assurance process)
- Pharmacy Inventory Control System
Interfaces (i.e. products or services from other vendors)
- Pharmacy Management System
- Workflow System
- Long-term Care Software
- Specialty Pharmacy Software
Platforms And Data Exchange Standards Supported
Ratio of Customers to Support Staff
Other Product/Service Feature Details
Will-call Bin Management
- Improve pick-up wait times and break barriers to pharmacy accessibility with products designed to improve your workflow and expand the pharmacy’s reach.
- Enhance the patient experience to attract and keep customers with fumble-free, easy-to-spot, and accessible will call systems and remote prescription pick-up lockers.
Pharmacy Inventory Control System
- Pick-and-put-to-light LEDs, barcode confirmation, image verification, secure storage, hand-held devices, and more are driven by software you can count on to reduce inventory costs.
- Eliminate search time and ensure accuracy to provide enhanced patient experience.
- Reduce your on-hand inventory, increase inventory turns, reduce your expired medications, and much more.
Professional Services to Help Pharmacies Optimize Prescription Fulfillment Process
- Parata will conduct an individualized assessment of your workflow and specific business goals to recommend a comprehensive automating and inventory management plan.
- Parata will provide you with options to consider for future enhancements as healthcare needs change and your pharmacy continues to grow.
- Parata's industrial engineers have market experience with pharmacy design, optimization, analytics, and pharmacy strategy.
Hardware Maintenance Services
- A dedicated Parata Project Manager (PM) will lead you through the implementation process of our products.
- Parata's team remotely monitors your equipment and proactively identifies any anomalies to address. - Our Parata Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) Engineers and Specialists resolve up to 85% of issues over the phone and up to 75% of issues in 20 minutes or less.
- Located across the country, the Parata field service engineering team are full-time Parata employees and resolve 92% of issues in just one visit.
Process for Addressing Customer Requested Changes or Features
Your pharmacy needs are our business and we come to work every day to solve our customers’ most important challenges. We're all ears when it comes to gaining an understanding of what issues our customers are trying to address. When specific changes and/or updates are requested, our optimization team works directly with our engineering team to accommodate specific requests.
Footprint of Smallest Robotic Automation ( square feet):
7 sq. ft.
Types of Adherence Packaging Filled
- Multidose Pouch/Strip
- Unit-dose Pouch/Strip
- Multidose Card/Bubble
High-Volume Solutions for Central-Fill
- Robotic dispensing
- Counting technologies
- High-volume workflow system/workstations
- Conveying systems
- Packaging systems/autobaggers
- Adherence packaging systems
- Tote-based systems
- Puck-based systems
- Vial-based systems
- American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP) Annual
- AmerisourceBergen ThoughtSpot
- Cardinal Health Retail Business Conference
- Joint Federal Pharmacy Seminar (JFPS)
- McKesson ideaShare
- National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) Total Store Expo
- National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA) Annual Convention