Rep. Steve Chabot (R-OH, third from left) participated in a pharmacy tour as part of the NACDS RxIMPACT program in Mason, Ohio. Chabot represents Cincinnati, the home of the headquarters of The Kroger Co.
Rep. Steve Chabot (R-OH) participated in a pharmacy tour hosted by Kroger’s Colleen Lindholz, president of pharmacy and The Little Clinic. Lindholz said, “We are proud to show Rep. Chabot how accessible pharmacists are in the healthcare continuum and demonstrate the impact pharmacists can have on helping people live healthier lives.” The Kroger Co. also hosted a tour for Rep. David Kustoff (R-TN) in Germantown, Tenn., and a Gurnee, Ill., pharmacy tour for Rep. Brad Schneider (D-IL).
House Ways & Means Committee Member Rep. Adrian Smith (R-NE, second from right) toured a Walmart pharmacy in Kearney, Neb. The pharmacy team was pleased to be able to cover a lot of ground with the congressman, who participated for over an hour. The team briefed Smith on issues ranging from provider status in Medicare, to preventive care services, to the contributions they are making in providing accessible care at a lower cost. The team explained how receptive patients are to the face-to-face interactions with their pharmacists.
House Energy & Commerce Committee Member Rep. Tim Walberg (R-MI, third from left) toured a Rite Aid pharmacy in Jackson, Mich., where the pharmacy team focused on support for provider status legislation and opioid abuse strategies.
Rep. Grace Meng (D-NY, second from right) participated in an Ahold Delhaize USA pharmacy tour in Maspeth, N.Y.
Rep. Debbie Lesko (R-AZ, second from right) toured an Albertsons pharmacy in Anthem, Ariz., which the pharmacy team labeled a “huge success.” Lesko told the team she had just taken her mother to the pharmacy earlier that day and said that her mother relies on the pharmacist to double check her instructions from her physician. The team talked about their diabetes prevention efforts and outlined key pharmacy legislative priorities.
- Associated Food Stores, Inc. hosted a Murray, Utah, pharmacy tour for staff of Rep. Mia Love (R-UT)
- Hy-Vee, Inc., hosted a Jefferson City, Mo., pharmacy tour for staff of Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer (R-MO)
- Ingles Markets, Inc hosted a Hendersonville, N.C., pharmacy tour for staff of Sen. Thom Tillis (R-NC) and a Spartanburg, S.C., tour for staff of Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC)
- Southeastern Grocers LLC hosted a Baton Rouge, La., pharmacy tour for staff of Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions, and Finance Committee member Sen. Bill Cassidy, M.D. (R-LA) and a Gainesville, FL pharmacy tour for Rep. Ted Yoho (R-FL)
- Food City Pharmacy hosted a Johnson City, Tenn., pharmacy tour for Rep. Phil Roe (R-TN)
- Shopko Stores Operating Co., LLC hosted a Green Bay, Wisc., pharmacy tour for staff of Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-WI)
- Wakefern Food Corp./ShopRite hosted a Burlington, NJ pharmacy tour for Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-NJ)