INDUSTRY WATCH: September/October 2015
ASB Revamps Pharmacy Support
AmerisourceBergen announced at its annual trade show this past summer that the Pharmacy Services Administration Organization has bolstered a core of enhanced capabilities and created the newly named Elevate Provider Network to support independent pharmacies. Highlights of the new service, which will enable Good Neighbor Pharmacy to provide its network members access to its premier-level services, include:
- A new patient engagement center powered by PrescribeWellness to drive adherence and improve star ratings.
- Access to third-party claims pre- and postediting services through Emdeon.
- An expansion of its central-pay capabilities and the addition of claim reconciliation services through FDS.
- A revamped InSite pharmacy performance tool that will now include front-of-store sales data displayed in its popular peer benchmarking view, allowing pharmacies to measure performance against similar stores.
- A new mobile app will notify pharmacists of key information to manage their business, such as the next day’s deposits and a six-month view of their performance in the four highly rated CMS star clinical measures.
“Over the past year we’ve made a series of targeted investments that will support independent pharmacies in their efforts to improve patient care and receive fair and accurate reimbursement for their services,” notes David Neu, EVP of retail strategy at ASB and president of Good Neighbor Pharmacy.