- Manchac DOSIS packaging automation runs round the clock to create blister card prepacks of the most commonly dispensed medications in cycles determined by facility residents’ needs.
- One technician is tasked with stocking and maintaining the automation, including managing the cells in each robot.
- These are not yet labeled with patient information, since the pharmacy serves mostly skilled-nursing facilities where resident populations and prescription orders are not as stable and predictable as facilities with long-term residents — group homes, for example.
- Prepacks ship out once a week, based on demand and existing prepack stock at the satellite locations.
- Blister cards are then labeled and dispensed by the satellite locations in response to specific orders.