- Prescriptions flow initially into the base store.
- Prescriptions are then pre-verified by the base-store pharmacist.
- Prescriptions are sent to central fill based on promise time and inventory levels at central fill.
- Prescriptions go into the product dispensing queue, where technicians sort labels into baskets by patient.
- Technicians then route them either to the high-volume dispensing area where the robotics are or the manual fill queue where counting is done using Kirby Lester KL1s.
- A pharmacist performs a full verification at central fill.
- A receipt is generated and that and the product go to the packing area, where the orders are organized by store and loaded into totes.
- Different internal delivery runs take place, based on store location. Depending upon logistics, some stores receive same-day delivery by 9 p.m., while other stores receive prescriptions early the next morning.
- For outlying stores not supported by an internal courier, UPS picks up prescriptions for guaranteed next-day delivery after 4 pm.