Integra has been running a weekly Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 Vaccine video series hosted by RedSail Technologies’ Richard Edmund, and featuring RedSail Director of Pharmacy Professional Affairs Ed Vess, R.Ph., and OmniSYS Chief Innovation Officer David Pope, Pharm.D., CDE. Vess and Pope have been participating in the weekly calls hosted by the CDC and bringing back the key points to share in these videos.
Check out a playlist of the episodes, including details on:
- CDC COVID-19 vaccination playbook for implementing a COVID-19 vaccine into the pharmacy and long-term care setting, including the communication and the facilitation of the actual vaccination itself and the documentation and sharing of the vaccination data.
- The progress of Operation Warp Speed and the change management needed to plan for the distribution of the vaccine, including what pharmacy needs to do to be prepared to bill for administration by submitting Medicare Part B claims and new data pharmacists will need to be able to collect and document.
- The news that broke in late October that pharmacies and LTC facilities had
received a survey and been asked to select a pharmacy to deliver and administer the COVID-19 vaccine, with the choice of two national chains or, critically, their contracted pharmacy provider.
- Discussion about the the process for payments to pharmacies and the rates set by CMS for the administration, including outlines for Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, and even commercial insurance.
- Questions surrounding the projected COVID-19 vaccine release date and updates on the reporting requirements, including getting the state immunization registries prepared to collected data from pharmacies and then share it with the Federal government. Pharmacies will want to make sure that they are connect to these state immunization registries now and prepared to submit data.